Online Cooking Class:
Vegetarian Chili & Tea Sangria Mocktail
Sunday, March 21st
In honor of Makers Day, we invite you to make something in the kitchen!
Make a delicious plant-forward meal during this online cooking class. Join Vanessa Young of Thirsty Radish as she prepares vegetarian chili and a pitcher of refreshing non-alcoholic tea sangria. All participants will receive a list of ingredients and the full recipe in advance. Cook along or simply watch the process and make the meal later. Pick up new cooking tips along the way and enjoy an afternoon with fellow food lovers!
Simplify Meal Planning
Sunday, April 18th
Would you like to make cooking and meal planning less stressful? In this class learn tips, strategies, and recipes for delicious weekly meals. We will cover stretching meals creatively, delicious flavor combinations, kitchen organization, and simple strategies for one or a crowd.
Looking for cooking inspiration? Check out some of the Library’s new cookbooks! We also offer magazines such as Bon Appetit, Eating Well and Taste of Home.
Go online for even more options. Visit Hoopla and Kanopy for cooking shows and eBooks. OverDrive also provides full-text access to a number of magazines, including Cooks Illustrated, Food Network Magazine and Clean Eating. We hope you’ll give them a try.
Let us know what you’re reading & eating!
On hiatus due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Good books, good food & good company! Every month we’ll work with a different theme.
While we still can’t meet in person, we can continue to share favorite recipes, tips and comments about what we’re cooking.
Please email recipes and pictures by the last Friday of the month to: email@example.com
JULY 2020: Mexican Dishes Inspired by Like Water for Chocolate
- Quail in Rose Petal Sauce
- Chile en Nogada
- Grilled Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Crema
- Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix
- Mexican Chicken Lime Stew
- Mexican Crescent Taco Pie
- Mexican Crustless Quiche
- One Pot Cheesy Taco Skillet (low-carb)
JUNE 2020: Barbecue Favorites Celebrating Dads & Grads
- Caramelized Onion Dip
- Cold Cucumber Salad
- Creamy Slaw
- Fresh Corn-Tomato Salad
- Grilled Rosemary & Garlic Chicken
- Grilled Shrimp, Watermelon and Feta Salad
- Ice Cream Cake
- Molasses-Basalmic Steak Kabobs
- Spinach Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing
- Towering Strawberry Shortcake
MAY 2020: Mother’s Day Brunch
- Carrot Cake Pancakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Flourless Lemon Almond Cake
- Honey Snow Peas & Carrots
- Overnight French Toast
- Sausage-Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
- Scrambled Egg Muffin Sliders
- Vincent Price’s Banana Nut Bread
APRIL 2020 RECIPES: Comfort Food/Easy Recipes from the Pantry