Good books, good food & good company! Every month we’ll work with a different theme.
While we still can’t meet in person, we can continue to share favorite recipes, tips and comments about what we’re cooking.
Please email recipes and pictures by the last Friday of the month to: email@example.com
Recipes will be posted on our website by the end of the following week. We hope you’ll contribute!
Looking for cooking inspiration? Check out some of the Library’s new cookbooks! We also offer magazines such as Bon Appetit, Eating Well and Taste of Home.
Go online for even more options. Visit Hoopla and Kanopy for cooking shows and eBooks. RB Digital is another service that provides full-text access to a number of magazines, including Cooks Illustrated, Food Network Magazine and Clean Eating. We hope you’ll give them a try.
Let us know what you’re reading & eating!
October: Favorite Soup Recipes
September: Back-to-School Weeknight Recipes
JULY 2020: Mexican Dishes Inspired by Like Water for Chocolate
- Quail in Rose Petal Sauce
- Chile en Nogada
- Grilled Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Crema
- Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix
- Mexican Chicken Lime Stew
- Mexican Crescent Taco Pie
- Mexican Crustless Quiche
- One Pot Cheesy Taco Skillet (low-carb)
JUNE 2020: Barbecue Favorites Celebrating Dads & Grads
- Caramelized Onion Dip
- Cold Cucumber Salad
- Creamy Slaw
- Fresh Corn-Tomato Salad
- Grilled Rosemary & Garlic Chicken
- Grilled Shrimp, Watermelon and Feta Salad
- Ice Cream Cake
- Molasses-Basalmic Steak Kabobs
- Spinach Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing
- Towering Strawberry Shortcake
MAY 2020: Mother’s Day Brunch
- Carrot Cake Pancakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Flourless Lemon Almond Cake
- Honey Snow Peas & Carrots
- Overnight French Toast
- Sausage-Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
- Scrambled Egg Muffin Sliders
- Vincent Price’s Banana Nut Bread
APRIL 2020 RECIPES: Comfort Food/Easy Recipes from the Pantry