Verona Public Library
Public Use of Jack Foley Hall
The Board of Trustees of the Verona Public Library will make Jack Foley Hall available to any local group of Verona residents with the understanding that they adhere to the following regulations:
- Library sponsored events are given priority in scheduling the use of the room at all times.
- Jack Foley Hall is available for public gatherings of a civic, cultural or educational character but not for religious gatherings, political purposes or money-raising activities.
- Users of Jack Foley Hall are not allowed to sell during informational sessions or solicit business. “Solicitation” is any act or attempt to advertise, market or sell any product or service or to seek membership in any organization, or to obtain a donation/contribution. As a public property, Verona Library is held in trust for the public. It is to be used for governmental and public purposes and Jack Foley Hall is not to be used for private gain.
- Non-partisan organizations which do not endorse individual parties or candidates may be allowed to conduct meetings in the Library building at which current election issues will be discussed by the candidates for public office, provided that all candidates for the same office shall have been invited.
- Reservations for using Jack Foley Hall are made with Library staff. The room may be reserved no more than 12 weeks in advance and a single organization is limited to using the room 2 times during a one-month period. The registration must include the name of the organization, date and time desired, number of persons expected (limited to legal capacity of 47 persons), name and telephone number of person responsible and the purpose or function of the meeting.
- There are no fees charged for the use of Jack Foley Hall unless, at the discretion of the Library Director, a commercial activity is allowed. In such cases, $25 will be charged. All programs must be free of charge and open to the public and the business must be based in Verona.
- No admission fee may be charged for the use of Jack Foley Hall.
- Group activities involving more than normal wear and tear on the room will not be permitted. If using the room for arts and crafts projects, the person responsible must protect library tables with tablecloths.
- The room must be left exactly as it was. If library tables are required, they must be replaced in the closet at the end of the meeting. Chairs used during the meeting need to be neatly stacked at the end of the meeting.
- The Library Director is authorized to deny permission to use Jack Foley Hall to any group that is disorderly, objectionable in any way or violates these regulations.
- In consideration of the use of Jack Foley Hall, each organization agrees that:
- It will pay for all damage to any property of the Verona Public Library resulting directly or indirectly from the conduct of any member, officer, employee or agent of the organization or any of its invitees.
- It will hold harmless the Board of Trustees, the Library Director and the Verona Public Library from and against any and all liability which may be imposed upon them for any injury to persons or property caused by the organization or any person in connection with a meeting.
- It is understood that the Verona Public Library assumes no responsibility whatever for any property placed in the Library in connection with a meeting; and that the Library is hereby expressly released and discharged from any and all liability for any loss, injury or damage to persons or property which may be sustained by reason of a meeting. Permission to use Jack Foley Hall does not constitute the Library’s endorsement, support or supervision of a group or its activities.
- Monopolization of the room by organizations will not be allowed.
- This statement of policy is subject to amendment at any time by the Board of Trustees of the Verona Public Library.