Verona Public Library offers three meeting rooms:
Jack Foley Meeting Room (capacity 57)
Friends of the Library Youth Activity Meeting Room (capacity 48)
Junior Woman’s Club Conference Room (capacity 12)
Library sponsored events are given priority in scheduling the use of the rooms at all times.
Reserving the Jack Foley Meeting Room and Youth Activity Meeting Room
• Any party not residing in Verona is not eligible for renting Verona Library meeting rooms.
• Meeting rooms are not available for parties, religious gatherings, political purposes or money-raising activities.
• Requests for reserving a meeting room can be made by filling out the form below. Rooms may be reserved no more than 12 weeks in advance and a single organization is limited to using the room once during a one month period.
• Meetings must conclude 15 minutes before the Library building closes.
• Minors under the age of 18 may use the meeting room with one adult supervisor present.
• Parties renting a meeting room may not charge an admission fee to attendees.
• Group activities involving more than normal wear and tear on the room will be not permitted.
If using the room for arts and crafts projects, the person responsible must protect library tables with tablecloths.
• Light refreshments are permitted in the Youth Activity Room and the Jack Foley Meeting Room.
The party using the room is responsible for disposing of leftover waste outside the Library building.
• Nothing may be attached to the walls or ceilings of the meeting rooms.
• The rooms must be left exactly as they were. Chairs and tables used during the meeting need to be neatly stacked at the end of the meeting.
• The Library Director is authorized to deny permission to use Verona Library meeting rooms to any group that is disorderly, objectionable in any way or violates these regulations.
Reserving the Conference Room
• This room is available on a first-come, first-serve basis however Verona cardholders are given priority and will be able to make a reservation up to one week in advance.
• Non-Verona cardholders may call the morning of to reserve a room.
• The Junior Woman’s Club Conference Room may be reserved for a maximum of two (2) consecutive hours. If no one is waiting to use the room, it may be used in increments of 30 minutes until other users arrive.
• Eating is prohibited in the Junior Woman’s Club of Verona Community Conference Room.
IN CONSIDERATION OF THE USE OF VERONA LIBRARY MEETING ROOMS, EACH ORGANIZATION AGREES THAT:
• Meeting rooms are not available for means of obtaining personal gain. Users of the rooms are prohibited from selling during informational sessions or solicit business. “Solicitation” is any act or attempt to advertise, market, or sell any product or service or to seek membership in any organization, or to obtain a donation/contribution. As a public property, Verona Library is held in trust for the public. It is to be used for local civic and public purposes, and its rooms are not to be used for private gain.
• It will pay for all damage to any property of the Verona Public Library resulting directly or indirectly from the conduct of any member, office, employee or agent of the organization or any of its invitees.
• It will hold harmless the Library Board of Trustees, the Library Director and the Verona Public Library from and against any and all liability which may be imposed upon them for any injury to persons or property caused by the organization or any person in connection in the meeting.
• It is understood that the Verona Public Library assumes no responsibility whatever for any property placed in the Library in connection with a meeting; and that the Library is hereby expressly released and discharged from any and all liability for any loss, injury or damage to persons or property which may be sustained by reason of a meeting. Permission to use the Verona Library meeting rooms does not constitute the Library’s endorsement, support or supervision of a group or its activities.
• Monopolization of the rooms by organizations will not be allowed.
• This statement of policy is subject to amendment at any time by the Board of Trustees of the Verona Public Library.
REVISED May 19, 2022