MOBILE WIFI HOTSPOT LENDING POLICY
Borrowing a Hotspot
- Verona residents, over 18 years of age, with a valid Verona Library card in good standing, are eligible to borrow a Hotspot.
- Only one Hotspot unit may be borrowed per family.
- Hotspots are NOT available for inter-library loan, including REBL card holders.
- Hotspots are located behind the Circulation Desk. If a unit is not available at the time of your visit to the Library, you may reserve one at the desk or over the phone. The patron reserving the device must present a Verona Library card and pick the unit up in person. You will be asked to sign a Borrowing Agreement that reiterates the provisions of the Mobile Hotspot Lending Policy.
Loan Period/Late Fees:
- Hotspots may be borrowed for three weeks, with 1 renewal.
- Due to limited availability, a Hot Spot may be borrowed just once in a three month period.
- Repeated late returns may result in loss of Hotspot borrowing privileges.
Returning a Hotspot
- Hotspots must be returned to a staff member at the Verona Public Library Circulation Desk inside the library building, and may NOT be placed in the book return drop box outside. They may not be returned to another library.
In the Event of Loss/Theft or Damage:
- The fee for a lost/stolen or damaged Hotspot is $100.00.
- Any technical difficulty with the Hotspot should be reported to the Library and the unit returned.
- The unit must be returned in its pouch, complete with user instructions and charger. The fee for a lost charger is $20.00.