Verona Public Library has an Oculus Rift Virtual Reality system. The Verona Public Library maintains and furnishes the Oculus Rift for use by library patrons through the generous donation of Investors Saving Bank.
Availability and Reservations
The Oculus Rift is available during designated library program hours or by appointment only. Walk-in usage is not permitted.
Please note: we are not currently accepting reservations due to COVID-19.
Important: Before using the Virtual Reality equipment you must read the Verona Public Library Oculus Rift Usage Policy and submit a signed copy of the Usage Policy and Waiver of Liability to Library staff.
What is virtual reality?
Virtual Reality (VR) uses a computer, headset, and sensors to immerse you directly into a three-dimensional, computer-generated world. Your head, hands, and body movements are tracked to let you interact with what you see via the headset.
What will I be able to do with VR at the library?
- Explore: Experience our planet like you’ve never experienced it before! Travel around the world, to distant planets, and even back in time without ever leaving the library.
- Learn: Discover more about the ocean, outer space, or the human body through VR experiences.
- Create: Make works of art in VR.
- Play: Try gaming in a 3D environment.
How Do I use VR at the Library?
- Patrons must be at least 13 years of age to use the Oculus Rift.
- All patrons must have a Waiver of Liability signed prior to their use of the Oculus Rift.
- All minors under the age of 18 must have a Waiver of Liability signed by a parent or guardian prior to their use of the Oculus Rift.
- The library’s Oculus Rift is available for use with programs picked out and downloaded by library staff ONLY.
- The Oculus Rift is available in 30-minute sessions.
- Only one session a day is permitted.
- Patrons must schedule their sessions in advance with a library staff member.
- Patrons may only use the Oculus Rift alongside designated library staff or volunteers.
Available Oculus Rift Virtual Reality Apps