Verona Public Library Oculus Rift Usage Policy
The Verona Public Library maintains and furnishes an Oculus Rift for use by library patrons through the generous donation of Investors Saving Bank.
As part of the Library’s Makerspace programming initiative, we strive to offer access to new and emerging technologies, such as Virtual Reality. This policy establishes how and under what circumstances the public may use the library’s Oculus Rift.
- Patrons must be at least 13 years of age to use the Oculus Rift.
- All patrons must have a Waiver of Liability signed prior to their use of the Oculus Rift.
- All minors under the age of 18 must have a Waiver of Liability signed by a parent or guardian prior to their use of the Oculus Rift.
- The library’s Oculus Rift is available for use with programs picked out and downloaded by library staff ONLY.
- The Oculus Rift is available in 30-minute sessions.
- Only one session a day is permitted.
- Patrons must schedule their sessions in advance with a library staff member.
- Patrons may only use the Oculus Rift alongside designated library staff or volunteers.
The Oculus Rift is available during designated library program hours or by appointment only. Walk-in usage is not permitted.