We are inviting all Verona youth in Grades K to 12 to design a poster that we can put up in the library and other local venues that choose to promote inclusion and acceptance. Entries will be submitted and judged based on age group: High School (grades 9-12), Middle School (grades 5-8) and Elementary (grades K-4).
What We’re Looking For:
- An eye-catching poster design to promote social justice and inclusion that adheres to the contest rules below.
- A positive message that lets viewers know that the place they are entering (library or business) is a safe space for those coping with the consequences of social injustice.
- Original content and creativity. From abstract art to realistic sketches, digital art to photography, you are free to interpret the theme as you wish.
What You’ll Win:
Notoriety – The top three designs in each age group will be professionally printed and displayed in the library.
First place winners in each age group will receive a $15 gift card to Guac Spot!
- One entry per person1. Entries will be accepted from 9:00 am on Wednesday, January 6, 2021 through 12:00 pm on Wednesday, January 27, 2021.
- Entries cannot be substituted or removed once entered.
- Must be a Verona resident in Grades K to 12.
- The work must be your own creation and “school appropriate2”. Posters must be designed to be printed at 11″x17″.
- The entry form must be filled out completely and file of artwork uploaded to the form before submitting. If you are under 18, a parent or guardian must sign the entry form.
Winners will be announced on Friday, January 29, 2021.
- By submitting the entry form, the artist (and/or artist’s parent/guardian) grants permission for the Library to display, photograph, and reproduce the submitted work for publicity purposes.
- “School appropriate” means artwork that does not contain inappropriate content, including but not limited to profanity, vulgarity, excessive violence, drug or alcohol use or material considered offensive to any religious or ethnic groups, gender or physically or mentally challenged persons. Artwork that is not deemed “school appropriate” will be disqualified.
Three ways to enter:
1. Upload an image of your poster along with the completed online entry form below.
2. Print out the entry form and submit it with your 11″ x 17″ poster.
3. Complete an entry form at the library and submit it with your 11″ x 17″ poster.